(p)312.204.7199 (e) email@example.com
Eric J. Anderson joined InfoLawGroup as a partner in early 2017 after serving several years as head marketing and advertising counsel for a major national retailer. Eric has extensive experience advising clients on all types of marketing, advertising and online issues including digital, mobile and e-commerce initiatives.
As an advertising and promotions lawyer, Eric works closely with clients on all types of marketing, advertising and promotional programs and campaigns including television commercials, radio, print, digital, social media, email, mobile applications as well as product and performance claims. Eric also routinely advises clients on all types of retail advertising and promotions including retail pricing, sale frequency, customer loyalty programs, gift cards, coupons, rebates, private label products and e-commerce related issues.
Eric regularly negotiates a wide variety of marketing, advertising and online contracts including agency agreements, sponsorship and celebrity spokesperson agreements, master services agreements, statements of work, social media influencer, technology and media buying agreements.
Eric frequently speaks on topics related to legal issues impacting advertising and promotions, including loyalty programs, coupons and rebates, as well as issues related to sports and entertainment sponsorships and branded entertainment.
- Counseling clients on all legal aspects of marketing, online, social media, mobile and other advertising and marketing campaigns, programs, concepts and ideas.
- Advising on retail reference pricing and sale frequency issues, including development and modifications to retail pricing policies.
- Negotiating agency of record and other marketing agreements with a number of different advertising agencies and marketing vendors.
- Negotiating celebrity spokesperson, endorsement and sponsorship agreements with celebrities, athletes, professional sports teams and leagues.
- Negotiating joint promotional opportunities with movie studios, television shows, music, professional sports and entertainment properties.
- Advising on a wide variety of social media influencer campaigns and initiatives as well as providing legal guidance on social media and consumer media policies.
- Overseeing claims substantiation for a wide array of private label products.
- Providing legal guidance on all manner of sweepstakes, contests and promotions.
- Counseling on legal issues related to charitable solicitations and charitable sales promotions, including all contract drafting, bonding, registration, filing and reporting activities.
- Advertising, Marketing and Promotions
- Retail Law
- Social Media
- New Media
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2000
- Trinity Christian College, B.S., 1997 High Honors
- “Complex Loyalty Programs”, BAA Marketing Law Conference, Chicago, IL, November 2016
- “The Tricky Business and Law of Loyalty Programs, Gift & Stored Value Cards”, BAA Marketing Law Conference, Chicago, IL, November 2015
- “The Tricky Business of Loyalty Programs, Gift Cards and Stored Value Cards”, BAA Marketing Law Conference, Chicago, IL, November 2014
- “Unwrapping Gift Card and Coupon Laws”, BAA Marketing Law Conference, Chicago, IL, November 2013
- “Coupons: The Daily Deal, Gift Cards or Coupons ”, BAA Marketing Law Conference, Chicago, IL, November 2011
- “This Panel is Brought to You By….” Branded entertainment and product integration session, UCLA Entertainment Law Symposium, Los Angeles, CA, March, 2011
- “Rebates, Coupons, Loyalty Programs and Premiums”, BAA Marketing Law Conference, Chicago, IL, November 2010
- “Incentive Marketing Part 2: What’s Old is New Again”, BAA Marketing Law Conference, Chicago, IL, November 2009
- “More Compliance: Fines, Fees and Fear in the World of Gift Cards and Rebates”, BAA Marketing Law Conference, Chicago, IL, November 2008
- Various topics related to sports sponsorship negotiations and charitable promotions, T.R.A.C.–The Racing Attorneys Conference, Charlotte, NC/Indianapolis, IN, 2008-2015