Johnson, et al. v Microsoft: Court Docs on Motion Ruling IP Address Does Not Equal PII
For those interested in digging deeper into the recent ruling in the UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON, SEATTLE DIVISION that IP addresses do not constitute "personally identifiable information," I have complied all of the relevant pleadings, motions, and response/reply/surreply briefs for your viewing pleasure....
- 2nd Amended Complaint
- Microsoft's Motion for Summary Judgment
- Plaintiffs' response to MSJ
- Microsoft's reply to plaintiffs' response
- Plaintiffs' surreply to Mircosoft's reply
- Court Order Granting MSJ (holding IP address is not PII)
For some more interesting reading on this issue, check out Truste's Amicus Brief in the Klimas case. How about some insightful comments in this blog to save me some reading time! By the way, how to advise clients doing business in both the United States (where at least some courts dont consider IP as PII) and EU (where IP is considerd PII)?