Known for deconstructing complicated issues so her clients can make educated business decisions
Spots subtle, yet important, issues as she works to limit her clients’ exposure and risk
Focuses on privacy issues such as polices on data privacy and security and GDPR compliance
Experience working in media gives her a proactive business mindset when working with clients on advertising and marketing matters, including in highly regulated industries such as alcohol
As a litigator, she argued cases on First Amendment issues, including those with limited case law, such as blogging and online commenting, she also handled copyright and trademark cases
One of Tatyana’s hobbies is photography. In addition to loved ones and landscapes, she likes to capture abstracts, which she describes as “weird shapes and colors”. She is still refining her marketing pitch
Tatyana Ruderman joined InfoLawGroup as Counsel in May 2018. Tatyana previously served as a Senior Associate at Mudd Law Offices, where she represented local and international clientele in diverse litigation and transactional matters involving Internet, privacy, entertainment, intellectual property, startup, employment, contract, and tort law matters. Tatyana quickly developed experience in the area of Internet law. As a second year associate, Tatyana argued before the Illinois Appellate Court on the issue of Illinois courts’ jurisdictional limits for compelling discovery of personally identifying information. As a fourth year associate, Tatyana led an online defamation jury trial.
At Chicago-Kent College of Law, Tatyana served as an Executive Articles Editor for the Journal of International and Comparative Law and founded the Chicago-Kent Journal of Media Law. While studying at Chicago-Kent, Tatyana earned a Certificate in Labor & Employment Law. Tatyana earned her undergraduate degrees from DePaul University majoring in both Psychology – with a concentration in Industrial/Organizational Psychology – and Communications – with a concentration in mass media systems. She also earned a minor in International Politics.
- Negotiates and drafts agreements for entertainment industry clients, including screenwriter, director, and artist agreements
- Conducts complex legal research and advises on compliance issues in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Advises on mobile campaigns, including compliance with TCPA, FCC orders and carrier requirements for text messages
- Prepares trademark and copyright filings and respond to Office actions.
- Manages cases from inception to disposition including cases involving claims for defamation and false light, as well as those brought pursuant to the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, the Stored Communications Act, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, and the Illinois Eavesdropping Act
The Chicago Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Chicago-Kent College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2014
Labor and Employment Law Certificate
Journal of International and Comparative Law, Executive Articles Editor
CALI Award for Top Grade in Legal Writing IV
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Media Communication and Industrial/Organizational Psychology, 2011